Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Spotlight! Marie Palmer




1. Your full name_Marie Glenna Palmer (Maiden name is Quist)_.
2. Where were you born? Where did you grow up?
Provo, UT. The Woodlands, TX.
3. How many brothers and sisters do you have? Where do you fit in oldest / youngest?
3 brothers 3 sisters. I am the third child/third sister.
4. If you have children, how many? Names and ages. If not at home where are they living now?
Just little Abner. He turned one in February.
5. What are some of the different places you have lived? Your favorite place? Why?
Oklahoma, New York City, Rexburg and Blackfoot Idaho, Portland Oregon, Bridge City Texas, Denton Texas. I think Oregon was my favorite place to live because it is so green, Portland is so walkably fun with lots of art and music. I loved my job there as a waitress, too.
6. Your favorite color? Babiest blue
7. Your favorite food? Hijiki Tofu Burgers come to mind
8. What are some things that you enjoy doing? (hobbies, crafts, reading, sewing, cooking, singing, etc.)
Seeing live music, studying art, hiking/camping, reading tons of books, especially classics that blow my brain but change my life
9. Share one of your most embarrassing moments.
I don't know if it's one of my most embarrassing, but I hate when I get guilted into sending a forward on and then realize that I didn't check it out on Snopes or anything and a million people tell me it isn't accurate (especially when it is an old professor I never talk to anymore or someone like that who now thinks I am an idiot).
10. Share something about you that no one would know about.
Hmmm. I don't know why I volunteer this, but I was the mascot for my high school! I was a bird. A cardinal, and it was like being a Disney character, it was very fun.
11. Share a dream that you have, something you would like to do or see some day.
I want to have a little farm in a traditional community with lots of family and good friends there. I'm not sure where it will be, but I want to dedicate much of my life to making it a wonderful place.
12. Name a movie or book that best describes you or your life.
It used to be The Royal Tenenbaums (Rated R, sorry, but you shouldn't probably watch it without CleanFlicks around anymore), now I'm not sure. It's more like the little travelling entertainers family on The Seventh Seal now. Happy despite the wars and plagues :).
13. What are some of the callings you have had in the church? Which was your favorite? Why?
I've done lots of singles ward FHE. I'm glad that wont be my calling again. It was like trying to put on a three-ring circus every Monday night. My favorite was probably girls camp related. I don't remember what it was called.
14. Who is your favorite Latter-day Prophet and why?
Joseph Smith. He is the Gandhi-Mother Teresa-Martin Luther type person with all the truth and not enough people recognizing.
15. What brought you to our ward?
We needed to go somewhere where there was more construction work to do so that my husband can support us while preparing to build our future community. We really love it here.

No comments: