Monday, November 24, 2008

Spotlight!! Shelly Smith













Our Fish spotlight is Shelly Smith

We moved into the ward last June.

We moved from College Station where both my husband and I went to school at Texas A&M.

We never really considered Houston as a possibility because I'm a country girl, and Bart was raised in Houston and didn't want to move back. However, Bart got a job here with NASA so here we are!

Bart is a resource analysist for NASA, and I am currently staying home with my daughter. I am looking around for jobs in my field of recreation and tourism, but haven't found anything worth my time yet.

Our daughter Madeline is 18 months. She is a bundle of trouble and we spend most of our time trying to keep her hurting herself. She was full of energy the moment she was born, so she keeps us very busy.

My favorite things to do are to read and to scrapbook. I also love to bake desserts and eat them. I also enjoy yoga when I get the time.

Last book I read was Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer.

The last movie I saw was "Get Smart".

I am a HUGE college football fan. I follow all the teams and all the stats. I spend every Saturday watching football, and anxiously await Sunday night when the BCS rankings come out. I look forward to every fall season. I watch more football then my husband, and am always informing him of the goings on in the world of football.

Thank you Shelly for sharing some info about you and your family so that we might know you better!!

3 comments:

Marby said...

Thanks for sharing, Shelly. What a cute little girl you have!

Amber said...

It was fun to get to know you better! :)

Amanda said...

This is a really cool idea! I get to know who people are. I've been in this ward since I was 12 and feel that I know no one (well the ones who have been here forever too....I know them)! It's crazy...all of the new faces. It's wonderful, but I feel like I don't know all of you.